Home » Forum

My idea is...

Adopt a management system

As far as I can tell there is no consumer complaint management system. I filed formal complaints and the staff misled me and had me spend thousands of dollars and then never adjudicated the complaint. Informal complaints are misclassified and just go into a black hole. Meanwhile, the FCC pursues empire building projects that have nothing to do with their mission. The FCC recently brought Comcast into court and the judge complained the FCC didn't even mention one statute in their legal arguments! The staff either ignores inquiries or just makes up stuff as they go along and disregards law.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Russ SmithRuss Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Timothy EdginTimothy Edgin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to point out that however flawed it may be, I have seen the system work: I filled a complaint, a couple of weeks later a V.P. of ATT called me and resolved the issue. I've been with ATT for years and have never had an issue really solved until now. Not only has my issue been solved, but I am suddenly getting internet speeds over 200-300% faster than just 6 months ago.

I think continued improvements to our infrastructure are a must, and a little pressure from Uncle Sam seems to be just what the Dr. ordered. The Consumer Complaint Management System works.

• ChristieChristie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% I have a current FOIA request in. This is my second...What I learned the first time around is that the FCC doesn't organize our complaints well (I believe purposefully so) so that they are easy to find when we request them. There should be an on-line database we can search that protects the identity of the consumer filing the complaint, but still allows us access to the info. That would mean real transparency and accountability....

Feedback and Knowledge Base