Home » Forum

My idea is...

Fight against Verizon overcharge

Verizon is the evilest company I have ever dealt with. Over the years when I was Verizon customer, I had been overcharged many times. Recently I was using the Verizon triple play. At first,I Signed on the price as the advertised on TV. But when the time for installation, I was told that I did not have any other with Verizon, although I was even given a "confirmation number"!Then I had to signed with Verizon again with higher price because I need service. But When I got my first bill 2 weeks later. It was a shock! It charged me $199 and I was told that it was pre-rated. I canceled my service with Verizon in September when I got that bill and paid a full$199 and was told that I would get a refund later on. Not only I did not get any refund, Verizon keeps charging me monthly phone bill while I have already returned Verizon's equipment and have been using another company's service. Every time I called Verizon, I was told that I would get refund, yet Verizon charges me again and again for the service I am using!
Verizon has a history overcharges customers, misleading customers and promises one thing yet charges much more than what they have promised. At least from my experiences as Verizon customer over the years.
I suggest that we boycott Verizon and I hope that FCC makes better regulations to protect average Americans from being squeezed dry by big company like Verizon!

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VerizonisevilVerizonisevil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rishi ParmarRishi Parmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently switched from Verizon to another carrier. I just received my final bill from Verizon which charges me for the full month of the last bill, instead of prorating it for the 6 days I used it for. I called the customer service and they said that I signed the legal document regarding the last bill being a full bill when I had become their customer.

When I signed up with verizon, my first bill was prorated. It seems to me that Verizon Wireless is just charging money for the service that consumers don't use by putting it in the intial documents, even when the official contract is over. I urge that FTC/FCC require Verizon wireless and other service providers to only charge consumers for the service they use by appropriately prorating the bill when bill is outside the contract.

• Louis ProfetaLouis Profeta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll just buy a tablet from Apple, and all other service will be standing at the front door. TV is passe, this lap top is calling for retirement daily, a pay as you go phone is $10.00 a month and The Tablet sweeps it all out, these nasty bills will be passe!

• Louis ProfetaLouis Profeta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mother told, "don't beg" but money charges from Verizon receive blind translations the last two years. At present the fad is called "balance transfers" that can't be substanciated, last month, Mar 1st it cost me $250.00, Verizon never showed a usage record, piracy was claimed. At present the issue is a conversation with a billing person blank as to her name that agreed after 1 half hour to reduce my TV channels and total FIOS bill to $117.00, well the bill this month is $140, plus she put me into a 2 year contract, this kind of trade off is illegal as channels are less but the cost for less has been raised you see. All statements to customers talking to billing are bogus because no one has a name, that offered a reduction in my FIOS monthly cost to ME!

• Marion (dolores) vetoMarion (dolores) veto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I JUST RECENTLY CHANGED MY SERVICE TO VERIZON. 1 WK AGO! I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE 20 TIMES..THEY GIE ME THE "ELITE TEAM" AND STIL AM HAVING PROBLEMS. THEY PROMISEDME SO MCH WTH A 2 YR CONTRACT, THEN CHANGED IT AFTER I HAD IT INSTALLED..WHAT WAS SUPP TO BE ALOT CHEAPER THAN MY PREVIOUS COMPANY NOW IS MORE! I UNDERSTAND I HAVE 30 DAYS TO HAVE THEM COME TAKE THEIR EQIP. OUT. HOPE THAT IS RIGHT!NO ONE THER SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT S GOING ON.. SINCERLY

• neomineomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about getting charged $2200 for Verizon billing, and they said i used 101 gb come on, are they stupid or is it greed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Verizon should add Thieves to their corp name

As they constantly quote one price then bill another.

It can be reversed - but it's very painful as they don't want to give you anyone's name, telephone number or e-mail address.

here are a couple that worked for me
        PSullivan@verizon.com - was told he's the president
        Mr. Seymour - actually took care of the incorrect amount 855 355-5336

even though I've been told that they've corrected the billing, I still feel that they are thieves and do this intentionally

• Maneesh PangasaManeesh Pangasa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FCC's Connect America Fund created as part of Universal Service Fund reform should actually help bridge the Digital Divide created and grown during the 8 year Bush Cheney Administration because of FCC's inability or unwillingness to mandate competition among broadband providers, leading to fewer choices and higher prices discouraging adoption and some providers choosing to not deploy in certain areas. Also it should not enrich large telecoms at the epxense of ordinary citizens.

This week the FCC is voting on a reform of the Universal Service Fund program. I agree with the agency that the program's goals are noble - but outdated - and that the agency must find a way to funnel its resources toward building broadband networks rather than phone lines.

However, the rules proposed in the industry-authored "ABC plan" would do little to promote the public interest. They would simply allow phone companies like AT&T and Verizon to extract billions more from consumers with no accountability. The FCC's Line Charges in USF reported on by Teletruth and New America Networks that let big telecoms get away with taxpayer subsidies they don't need and to rip-off consumers of traditional telephone service needs to go. No line charges for broadband should be applied to consumers. The FCC Line Charge should have been paid for by the telecoms not passed on to the customers. Don't let this rip-off continue with broadband.

Any new rules that you adopt must require phone companies to justify additional fees before they start taking even more hard-earned money out of our pockets. The Commission must require strong regulatory oversight in exchange for carriers' receiving this ratepayer-funded subsidy.

• EinsteinEinstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't expect any help. The government is totally corrupt and criminals run our nation. Verizon pays no income tax and if above the law from the campaign contributions and bribes they give.

Until we remove the criminals in government we are doomed. Vote for Ron Paul and anybody but republicans and democrats.

• VicVic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree that Verizon is evil. They've added two services to my bill without my approval, but now say it will take two to three billing cycles to correct the problem. Contacting them by phone or email is like talking to robots who can only say it's two to three months to fix and can't explain why or tell me why they added these charges in the first place, I'm not sure I will ever get my money back nor can any of them tell me how much I will get back when I ask. On top of this they charge your bank account a week before the due date unlike any other vendor I've experienced when signing up for direct pay, even the credit cards charge you on the due date.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I find that Verizon has the best cell phone service throughout the U.S.A., I also agree that they do participate in misleading service prices. They find it cheaper to subcontract out because then they are not responsible for healthcare, dental care, and other things associated with hiring their own employees. Actually, they would do better to hire there own employees, if for no other reason then checks & balances and trackinig service.
        They are bad in that when I did not owe them money, it took more than one year for me to get them off of my back. The situation went so far as to have collection agencies contact me on something that I did not owe. It was actually Verizon that owed me!
        The only Verizon service that I have is a landline (which is probably really digital!). They have been trying to get me as a 'triple play' customer for a while now, but they cannot give me what my cable provider gives me at that price. So no Verizon for me.
        You are correct, unless the FCC gets involved there is little that we can do. But what we can do is write to the FCC, write to your State Attorney General, write to the Better Business Bureau, write to your local, city and state representatives. I say write because it fairs better than electronic medium (e-mail, website complaints, etc.). You can go as far as to sue them in small claims court. It is not much, but it is a start. And if any of these solicitations or offers or problems stem from the mail, then that is a case for the Post Office General because it constitutes mail fraud!
        And yes if we collectively did not use Verizon, the company would be forced to change. But how many of us are really willing to boycott them by not using or disconnecting their services collectively? We are so stuck thinking that we are powerless that we have become slaves to companies like Verizon.

• John BuzbyJohn Buzby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The installation people are subcontracted by all the cable/fiber/satellite companies and only know enough to attack cable A to jack B and exit ASAP since they are paid by the job - documentation, confirm. no.s, names, etc. always help - paper is cheap - go magenta (opposite of green) and print out EVERYTHING.

• bobsbobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TV is better with a broadcast system. For everything else we need the last mile to be reinvented. all Internet traffic should be free. All we need to do is get the FCC to get roof top routers permission to exists. Hardware will be built and the last mile will not
        cost anything. this will promote competition and we will have many ISP from
        witch to pick to get on the Internet.

• RealDealRealDeal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True that. Some VZ employees do conduct deceptive sale practices.

About 3 years ago, I placed a basic dsl net service. I received an email from VZ for the next step-up service. I called without hesitation & was informed of the basic dsl service I ordered. I didn't trust that answer and requested dsl order be canceled. Of course, I was transferred to an obnoxious supposed supervisor. End result...the following day, no telephone service. What the hay! I called customer service in reference to what occurred. Fortunately, this customer service clearly understood ...before the evening was out, my telephone service was reconnected....Thank you.

Yes, I did it and I advise all VZ customers to do likewise. Google, Verizon corporate headquarters and write to the top dog of your displeasure.

Feedback and Knowledge Base