Home » Forum

My idea is...

The FCC is not well known. Let the public see what happens at FCC via these social networks!

Be priod of what you do...show everybody the people, projects, and work the FCC does. It'll improve the agency's image, let folks see the 'real' side of the agency, and give the public a better idea of how to interact with the Commission.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zoezoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what in the world do social networks have to do with the FCC?? Social networks started out for self absorbed teenagers, that morphed into a data-mining collection soup when they were heavily promoted by the "beast" to ensure that every living breathing human is signed up for at least one of these weird and pervasive privacy destroyers. USAToday won't let you post without a Facebook profile. Every single website has a "Vote Up!" or "Like" button. Ridiculous! Have we turned into a nation of screaming toddlers who must announce to the world what we approve or disapprove of? A nation of dimwitted zombies bombarded with the likes of "Top Ten Things Your Waiter Won't Tell You!"

• RAFRAF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my license just went down due to the re-registration process after social networks compromised my e-mail went intto and changed my fcc acct. so I had to correct password but in the process a question to password your e-mail in this case compromised e-mail account would have got my password change which I could not access. The 2 year address update was not performed and is not at this time. I am also a commercial operator my licenses are in jeopardy, loss of my ham priv. is one thing still open ended.

• R U LISTENINGR U LISTENING commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite frankly any type of web usage that is misused and federal laws are broken, such as false claims where as the webmaster of the site allows such a posting to be displayed, not only is this defamatory to character but it is highly damaging to anyone it effects as a connection. Most is because of news media posting or allowing paid funds to post a lie! this should be driven home to their heads and made clear, follow the lines or get bumped! its not just the social networks screwing up, its anyone and everyone trying to pull a fast one which is childish and shows a inferiority complex of trying to make up for a sad childhood either because they were ignored or maybe perhaps they are given the floor to run a muck as they see fit, either way, DAMAGE is DAMAGE. Do any of these hot shots ever learn their rules? Hellfire... you can't get a drivers license unless you pass the written test and even those point out the RULES, hello, are we here? (finger points to head which holds what we all know as THE BRAIN)

• JOHNSON JJOHNSON J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REVOKE WAIVER for "LightSquared"....... a new 4G Network TRYIN' TO ***** UP THE GPS SIGNAL "SPECTRUM"!!!!

• RealDealRealDeal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook isn't what it appears to be.

Government agencies are capable of designing there own website for consumer/taxpayer networking. They won't! They fear having to respond to all gripes they fail to address; they fear of there system crashing due to the numerous gripes; they fear losing there lucrative salaries & perks....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many people on Facebook .. There should be a linked site available openly so that consumers have a better access to see what is in process and goverment procedures..The companies out there these days seem to take delight in small hidden print and empty promises and consumers should be more aware of the options that are available for their disposal to fight back when a company does something that seems illegal and then tells you that you can do nothing !!! We can do something if we have the tools and the knowledge to fight back !

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My name is Kevin Bowen, I have an emotional disorder caused by the communication through modern technology. Who is responsible are the communicative technology currently originating from wired concentric of the telephone company, namely AT&T and/or subsideries whom built the telephone poles and local devices with wire communications. I am a citizen, yet I have this unique disposition that because of my nature is being singled out to do things illegally. Everyday I awake, the sound of these devices specifically hate by nature of who I am. Each movement, each turn, each glance is followed as if it was them instead of me. Personally medical attention is the answer followed by surgery. Can you pay for these actions?

• Bill AndersonBill Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each Bureau needs to be more active in social networking. Much of the public has no idea of the roles played by the FCC.

• Gary NieboerGary Nieboer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I'd like to see the individual commissioners and Julius on Twitter or similar service. They could outline what they're working on, who they're meeting with, and when there are opportunities to meet with them and share our individual thoughts. (If a commissioner is in my town, maybe an ad hoc meeting of followers and that commissioner could occur?) Pretty easy to do if they are on Twitter or Facebook and we're following/fans of them.

• josiejosie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a forum on social networks that link back to the FCC site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base