Home » Forum

My idea is...

Consumer Support by communication co.s who use bait & switch sales approach: ie ATT- it is real !

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    S.RoseS.Rose shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of the cable companies are working throughout the U.S.A. Because there seem to be no regulation or very little, they seem to get away with misrepresenting deals. Unless the FCC gets involved with this, many more people are going to be sucked into these type of things. Because these companies know that they will not and cannot be penalized, they are going to continue with these practices. One way to slow this is to have people simply not use there services. This may prove difficult because we are all reliant upon cable companies for entertainment and internet access, and some of us for telephone service as well. Writing to the State Attorney General, writing to the Better Business Bureau, writing to your city and state representatives, writing to corporate office and taking some of these thieves to small claims court are other ways that we, individually, may fight them. I say 'writing' because it seems to still be more effective that electronic means (e-mail and the like). Also, if these offers are coming to you via the mail, then this is also a matter of the Post Office General because it constitutes mail fraud. And that's an easier way to get to these big companies in their pockets books! Having a monopoly because of your service area does not give a company the right to take advantage of us.
        If we all did it, then these companies would have to change, but the question is...How many of us are willing to take on these companies? Many of us are just not willing to do without or make waves collectively.

• B. SmithB. Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sympathize with you. I have't dealt with ATT, but Charter Communications gives you the same run around that you got with ATT. They advertise two bundle packages, but if you are an existing customer you are only eligible for the three bundle packages. Every cable company I have dealt with has been confusing and a reall pain. It is time the FCC looked into these companies! The consumer is really getting jerked around.

• S.RoseS.Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Belive it....it just happened to me...We need FCC to back us up ! ATT called me to get Uverse...told me for $107.95 a month, free installation/activation- digital phone/ unlimited calling LD& Loc./ internet/ TV-4sets andboxes.....for 1 yr. then would go to 135 thereafter...ha ha..FOUND OUT about 5 days later (AFTER INSTALLATION) via call to see if things were working that they wanted $144...I spent 2 days on the phone and finally they said the best theycould do Was $119 plus taxes amounting to about $10....Ok ...They waived the installation/activation -set-up- 2nd box they were going to charge me for....gave me the 100 or $ 200 rebate( what ever came with the uverse 300 pkg ) but did not say I had to use the service for 30 days. ( THE BILL I RECEIVED 8/15/16 DOES NOT REFLECT THE $119 PLUS TAX WHICH I WAS QUOTED ON AUG 3. ) ATT pro-rated July28-thru Aug 30- 3 days for $24.16....Taxes on the Aug.1 billing come to $25.72. NOT $10....ALL THESE FIGURES ARE BASED ON $141.95 PLUS $3. HIGH SPEED INTERNET FEE !.....ALL THIS AS I UNDERSTAND GOES UP AGAIN IN 6 MONTHS....BUT THE ORIGINAL WAS FOR A YEAR....THE MONTHS 7 THRU 12 GOES UP TO $139 PLUS TAX, AS I WAS QUOTED ON AUG. 3, 2010. I HAVE ALL THIS SCRIBBLED DOWN ON SHEETS OF PAPER. HAS ANYONE ELSE ESPERIECED THIS FROM ATT? I HAVE ASKED PEOPLE IN MEMHIS AND THEY SAID THAT ATT UVERSE DID THEM THE SAME WAY !....HELP US FCC.

Feedback and Knowledge Base