Home » Forum

My idea is...

An Internet hosted real time wideband spectrum scope from FCC offices in various large cities

An Internet hosted real time wideband spectrum scope from FCC offices in various large cities similar to a weather radar map that can be clicked on and zoomed in on by Internet users.
This will show the average person on which frequencies RF energy is being transmitted on in that area.
The scope picture can have delineations on it that show the boundaries of the different allocations and if zoomed in enough pop up the licensee information out of the FCC database when a particular frequency is highlighted. There is no need to demodulate the content of the transmission but merely show its signal strength, bandwidth, and possibly its modulation type as well. Show from below the AM broadcast band up to the Gigahertz range to include satellite and radar systems. Further development would take the signal strength and licensee information and overlay it on a map via a Geographic Information System to show the signal strength as it radiates away from its source. This could be used to help television owners decide if they are in a fringe reception area and might be better served by subscription TV services due to low signal levels at their location.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas R Burnsed JrThomas R Burnsed Jr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Horace TatemHorace Tatem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could you please check out the wireless company Paltalk(AVM) they owe me money,and all kind of illegal practices.radio broadcast plus child ***********

Feedback and Knowledge Base