Home » Forum

My idea is...

blog for public to suggest regulatory changes: like cell servic cap expansion to work in emergencies

Need a blog for public input of regualtory changes to allow suggestions like changing the rules to make cell phone sevice providers design in sufficient prioritized voice capacity to handle emergency traffic during disasters - it just seems like saving lives in an emergency is a much better use of the spectrum than streaming Television / video / and other high bandwidth services in times of disaster. On talking to an executive recently of a major cell phone service provider it is clear it won't happen without regulatory requirements. Just make this a national priority and it can be designed into cell phone systems to automatically prioritize voice traffic during emergencies.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BillBill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick SantinaRick Santina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without going into specific examples, the idea of a public forum to discuss regulatory changes is a great idea. I might not have the time / funds / ability to attend a session in person or write a formal amicus brief regarding a specific piece of regulation, but I would make the time to comment in a blog. If we accept the premise that the FCC helps to serve the public interest in regulatory affairs, a wider forum for input from the served community would be a clear benefit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base