Home » Forum

My idea is...

A quick and clear way to find the status of every petition now before the Commission

Any name or topic search leads to numerous hits on the FCC database. This makes it extremely difficult to track private initiatives.

An area dedicated to each and every submitted petition, where it is in the system, and exactly what it contains, would make it simple for any member of the public to follow any matter of interest. To be really effective the search function could be at least linked to key words, petition numbers, date of submission, the submitter, and any rules affected.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Richard WeilRichard Weil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mj MarcusMj Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should NOT be limited to petitions that have been put out for public comment in view of recent Commission practice of not acting on petitions for years. I suggest that after a reasonable period of 90 days to either dismiss a petition or put it out for comment, the public tracking should begin. It appears that even the 8th Floor staff doesn't have access to this information at present!

Feedback and Knowledge Base