Home » Forum

My idea is...

Add email notification to the list of official means for notices of upcoming license renewal

Use of an email notification as an early means of official notice for online renewal for license(s) associated with FRN. This would allow the FCC to only mail hard copy of renewals to the physical address of those that did not respond to the email for renewal. My though is that this should eventually be a savings to the government by reduction in materials and labor costs required to generate the notices and the future increasing internal costs of delivery versus the upfront and maintenance cost of programming the software.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    H. ParkerH. Parker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick SantinaRick Santina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. With everything from credit card bills and mortgage notices to my dentist appointments arriving in my Inbox, an electronic notification, with an electronic payment option would be efficient and cost effective. The implementation costs would probably be recovered in the first couple of years of program operation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base