Home » Forum

CLOSED: Open: How can the FCC improve its work on the Open Government Directive?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

My idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Start accepting and acting on the ideas here...

I've noticed a lot of good thinking here, but none are listed as accepted or completed. What's keeping you? Part of improving things is making things happen (and happen faster and with greater clarity to the public). Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Be straight with people...

We all understand the reason wireless providers want broadcast spectrum is so that they can charge for what we provide freely. If, however, taxpayers 'own' spectrum rights we obtain by permit or license, then they ought not to pay at all! TV Broadcasters, Broadcast Auxiliary, and others subject to Mass Media rules and regulations have taken enough of a beating already. Leave us alone for a while. If we want to lease part of our spectrum we obtain through a long and winding process, then let US be the ones to do that instead of forcing it upon us (remember,…

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Be open to new ideas: Create a Radio R.A.M. Service...

Radio R.A.M.= random access memory by means of radio. OK, first, this is a genuinely 'out there' idea, so forgive me if I'm using "open government" as a vehicle for sending this on to you; however, since the wireless communications service providers don't seem interested in developing the higher microwave frequencies, here's the idea... Radio waves travel at the speed of light and this transit time can be used to 'store' data with the refresh rate of that storage being the distance between the radio stations. However, there is no explicit radio service for the use of radio transmissions as…

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • TELL THE TRUTH! TV & LOW POWER TV CAN ALREADY IMPLEMENT YOUR NATL BROADBAND PLAN!!!

Dear FCC and Fellow Citizen,

I am the owner of low power TV station, KZJW-LD. To set straight the record: TV broadcasters can already do everything your National Broadband Plan can do. That is right: it could already be done!

TV Stations via FCC Rule 73.624 and low power TV Stations via FCC Rule 74.790 already have the authority to implement the entire National Broadband Plan. We can even add a 3650 MHz license to our TV/LPTV stations and connect it all together across the nation. The 3650 license is less than $75. We only need to have the internet…

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: Open: How can the FCC improve its work on the Open Government Directive?

Feedback and Knowledge Base