Home » Forum

CLOSED: Systems- CLS: What are different ways in which the Consolidated Licensing System can serve the public?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

My idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve on/learn from ULS

ULS only permits applications to be filed with Windows browsers - a quirky requirement rare in today's world.

Simple ULS task have complicated details. Why is renewing a ham license so difficult? ULS seems optimized for the few major corporations who have hundreds or thousands of licenses and is needlessly complex for those with one or two.

Link the instructions to the input page for data. This should be obvious, but look at where you input antenna height data and it is not clear where "a", "b" and "c" are defined.

Improve the FRN process. Those who only input data…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • A master callsign, paperless, authorization system...

CLS needs to issue one callsign for all licenses, authorizations, STA's, and permits except for amateur and broadcast; make the authorizations available online (including for print by the licensee), but go with a completely paperless system; consider public access to the CLS license database as meeting the requirement that licenses be posted, and therefore,eliminate the manual license posting requirement where it still exists. AM, FM, TV, Class A, LPTV, and Translator broadcast stations would still be issued separate callsigns, but as with the wireless services, eliminate the paper license/permit posting requirement in favor of online accessibility. Allow broadcasters to use…

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • User log-in system, "bookmark" specific searches of data

Create a user log-in system, that would allow users to maintain and "bookmark" specific searches of data. Allows users to retrieve data quicker.

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: Systems- CLS: What are different ways in which the Consolidated Licensing System can serve the public?

Feedback and Knowledge Base