Home » Forum

My idea is...

Put a list of Spectrum useage

Since Congress is asking for a Frequency Spectrum audit it would be nice to see a spectrum chart online that shows all the different useage of radio frequency spectrum and it's use. For example all the Ham Radio spectrum in a chart fashion and something viewable.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    orion.throwerorion.thrower shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thomas R Burnsed JrThomas R Burnsed Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better, a real time wideband spectrum scope from FCC offices in various large cities similar to a weather radar map that can be clicked and zoomed in on by Internet users.
        This will show the average person where most RF energy is being used in that location.
        The scope picture can have delineations on it that show the boundaries of the different allocations and if zoomed in enough possibly even pop up the licensee information out of the database when a particular frequency is highlighted. No need to demodulate the content of the transmission but merely show its signal strength and bandwidth possibly its modulation type as well. Show from below the AM broadcast band up to the Gigahertz range to include satellite and radar systems.

Feedback and Knowledge Base