Home » Forum

My idea is...

A real time wideband spectrum scope from FCC offices in various large cities

An Internet hosted real time wideband spectrum scope from FCC offices in various large cities similar to a weather radar map that can be clicked on and zoomed in on by Internet users.
This will show the average person where most RF energy is being used in that location.
The scope picture can have delineations on it that show the boundaries of the different allocations and if zoomed in enough possibly even pop up the licensee information out of the database when a particular frequency is highlighted. No need to demodulate the content of the transmission but merely show its signal strength and bandwidth possibly its modulation type as well. Show from below the AM broadcast band up to the Gigahertz range to include satellite and radar systems.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas R Burnsed JrThomas R Burnsed Jr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Harry TootleHarry Tootle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tootlevision testing
        05OCT2013
        (Clyde, when you get a Signalhound ($909) visit my website..

no wait, visit my website and email me whether you have a spectrum analyzer or not... :)

(and get well soon there's much work to be done...)
        :)
        http://GiftedChildLearningCenters.com
        Harry Tootle, TootleVision still not dead yet 10/5/13

• Harry TootleHarry Tootle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clyde Lofton Jr: I'd like to see a wideband spectrum scope that monitors the longwave and medium wave spectrum, from about 30 Khz. to 1 Mhz."
        ><>
        Hi Clyde!
        You need a SignalHound (1hz thru 4.4GHz!)
        "Human brainwave thru 3rd harmonic of the 1420mhz resonate frequency of the hydrogen atom..
        Your Old Friend
        Harry Tootle
        http://MicrowaveRFLab.com

• Clyde Lofton Jr.Clyde Lofton Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see a wideband spectrum scope that monitors the longwave and medium wave spectrum, from about 30 Khz. to 1 Mhz.

• Thomas R Burnsed JrThomas R Burnsed Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further development could integrate the signal strength associated with a licensee on the spectrum scope and overlay it onto a map via a GIS and show its energy density as it radiates away from its source to give a rough approximation of the coverage area. Perhaps the FCC OET software could be used for more accurate depiction when taking into account terrain elevation and the directivity of any transmission source. This would also be useful for television owners when deciding if they are in a fringe area and would be better served with a subscription television service due to low signal levels from broadcast sources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base