Home » Forum

My idea is...

Automatically renew an Amateur Radio License for a full 10 year term when the operator upgrades.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    scya.ll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the code requirement and STOP giving the EXACT questions and ANSWERS on the written test beforehand. There are too many idiot CB'ers that can now get a license simply by memorizing a few questions and answers and signing their name.

NO-CODERS are nothing but CB'ers with $15 and 20 minutes to memorize a few questions and answers.

• Richard Weil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is a good idea that makes sense. Resetting the clock for someone who makes the effort to upgrade gives that person an additional incentive to increase their skills. At the same time it reduces the Commission's paperwork. This seems to be a win-win situation for everyone.

• scya.ll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If an operator completes the requirements to upgrade to a hgher license class it only makes sense when the license is issued that it be issued with a full 10 year term as opposed to just making the change to the license held. This would reduce costs by minimizing the number of mailings to the operator. He/She has already demonstated their continuing interst by upgrading.

Feedback and Knowledge Base