Home » Forum

My idea is...

Shut down "cb shops"

Here in Texas there are cb shops all over Dallas and Fort Worth, even one in Ennis, that do nothing but "peak and tune" type accepted cb radios and manufacture linear amplifiers. These devices, in addition to being illegal per FCC rules, also produce spread spectrum interference with other services and is a annoyance to those of us who have to pay to be interfered with.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JackJack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If were gonna get picky about cb amps and modifications lets talk about the standard electronics that cause interferance these products are made so cheap that if your talking on a legal radio your interfeard with like grocrey stores auto doors try driving next to one of thoes static ! cell phones another prime example
        these devices as well as many others cause interferance. We dont buy things made in amreica anymore people this is why fcc standards have dropped the
        inibility to regulate all these throw away electronics. I currently run some illegal raido equipement and have never interfeard with my neighbors communicating
        and being considerate is the key, and using it responsibly. So the point iam making is you can shut all the modified radios down and your still gonna get
        interfearnce. By the way martin these devices do not effect your cable service you might want to check other soures good luck with that

• MARTIN D. WADEMARTIN D. WADE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Close down the problem makers with high fines and beefed up enforcement, too much interference with TV/Cable systems.

• rodneyrodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CB Radio Shop in TA ROCKWALL ILLEGAL PEAK AND TUNES ITS MESSED UP SHUT THEM DOWN ILLEGAL INSTALLS

• Mel.   TAX PAYERMel. TAX PAYER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you folks need to get a life
        STOP!!!! wasting tax payers money on stupid things like "shut down CB shops" C'MON get a life!!!!

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think every CB shop in the country provides illegal services if you ask for them, especially "Peak and Tune" and illegal amplifiers. Peaking and tuning is illegal - unless they are simply replacing a broken part with the same part, they are modifying the radio, which is only allowed for ham radios.
        The amplifiers are awful as well, people with these things "walk" all over other users of the frequency for miles and can't hear the replies because the people they are "walking" on have legal sets that can't transmit far enough for the illegal user to realize that other people were using the frequency before he was.

Feedback and Knowledge Base