Home » Forum

My idea is...

Stop TV censorship.

Why is America one of the few western Countries that censors so much of it's broadcast media? I feel that if censorship was stopped or restricted then the FCC will have more resources available to peruse better opportunities.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bill Brasky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fantasia. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I note the voting time has closed. I hate censorship, it wasnt needed before, and feel that its being fully exploited to filter out the truth, not just the swear words. I'm an adult, and dislike the government monopoly of information. I want the truth, and not just their version of it.

• Edward Schober, PE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Art must reflect reality. A ban on obscenity during "child awake" hours could make sense, except that many folks time shift programming, so that is a pretty weak argument.

I recently listened to Congressional hearings on the financial meltdown. There was so much bleeping of "profanity" that I could not understand what they were talking about. Indecency should be allowed anytime, including the "F" word. That is what people say on the street, so our media should reflect that.

If you prohibit something that only makes it more enticing/interesting because it is forbidden. Have you never heard a four year old repeat some forbidden word over and over because it gets them attention?

Feedback and Knowledge Base