Home » Forum

CLOSED: Engagement: What are ways in which the FCC can better engage the public in open proceedings?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

My idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Invite Reps from Public Access and Alliance for Community Media..this IS the PUBLIC

No one from ANY Publi Access TV/Media are on ANY pannel. These are the TRUE PUBLIC. These PUBLIC ACCESS Centers are being DESTROYED by TELECOMS and CABLE Companies lobbing to pass misleading legislation which has relieved them of previous agreements to SUPPORT Public ACCESS in return for using the PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow ESRI vector-based graphics to create polygons indicating areas of operation in Part 90.

Current Part 90 areas of operation are generally a point radius, countywide, statewide, nationwide, or "other" with a verbose description. This creates a number of spectrum reutilization issues where prospective licensees overstate their required areas of operation because their need does not fit into a cookie cutter. This creates overprotection and the inability to reuse the frequency efficiently. There are many small licensees who choose a 40 km radius, but on review, prove that such vast area takes them dramatically outside of their jurisdictional boundary or area of responsibility. Additionally, non-numeric values are not searchable terms in the current ULS…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make the public aware of the FCC and its rights to participate...

Your average citizen isn't aware of or understand the purpose for the FCC. Certain issues should be aired on the internet (through various social media) and broadcast over the air or by cable and telephone. If you want public involvement, you have to do the things which make the public get involved. Are you sure you want more attention?

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • provide open door hearings available to the public

allow public to open door hearings of laws and regulations because FCC is there for the people so by law we the people deserve to get involved.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Issue two types of broadcast licenses. A commercial license and an information license.

Does broadcasting in the public interest mean providing consumers with the infotainment they want to see or does it mean providing citizens with information they need to know? Our collective narrative is all important and while Americans have always been uncomfortable with government control of media, and rightly so, we've decided that it's O.K. for the media to be controlled almost exclusively by commercial interests. There is clearly a conflict of interest here. Showing people what they want to see is a much different activity than providing useful information. This is not simply a problem of content but about the…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: Engagement: What are ways in which the FCC can better engage the public in open proceedings?

Feedback and Knowledge Base