Home » Forum

CLOSED: Engagement: In what ways can social networks further FCC engagement with the public?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

1. hamradio antenae

I think it is time to end the draconian edict that allows ham operators to violate local zoning laws and break agreements with homeowners associations that they have willingly entered into regarding industrial eyesore monstrosity antennae.It is an assault to property owner’s rights and impedes reasonable expectations to choosing and purchasing ones home in a community with agreed upon standards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keith Gilabert, "I would like to see TV cable and satelite rates drop."

We need more competition. I agree with the fact that there are many more programing choices then there were 10 years ago, but at the same time, prices have risen over 100%. We need more carriers and therefore increase competition to bring prices lower.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keith Gilabert, "The FCC is doing a good job with engagement with the public."

I believe the most historic move the FCC has made is allowing the consumer to retain ownership of their cell phone number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Continue to monitor prior issues - Verizon back to old tricks!

Continue to monitor issues that were previously investigated. Verizon no longer honoring the ETF information they provided the FCC with in Feb 2011

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Speed rules in all aspects of our lives.

Well, of course they do, but it is possible to watch these movies without downloading them, which is a great way to save time, as well as storage space on your computer.

http://www.moviewatchlist.com/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. webdesign and webhosting 1 year for only US$ 132

webhosting and web design 1 year for US$ 132 http://www.nicehost.com.ar

That´s great! Get everything for only US$ 132

Promotion 1. Details:
    * Website optimized and self-manageable.
    * 1 year hosting fee.
    * 1 page "home", 1 page "about us", 1 page "products" and a page "contact"
    * Links to facebook, twitter and Google +1.
    * The location of your company on google maps.
    * 1 flash banner where you choose.
    * up to 4 youtube videos where you choose.
    http://www.nicehost.com.ar

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cable Service Fees

The cost of television production and broad/cablecasting is primarily paid for by commercial advertising, which is VERY profitable. Therefore consumer subscription fees should be MUCH lower than they are. The FCC and Congress needs to correct this situation by mandating cable companies make proper use of their marketing revenues instead of passing on their costs to consumers. For instance, now that HD, Digital Signals and Broadband are the norm, we should not be charged EXTRA for them, giving rise to cable bills exceeding $150 per month, which is unacceptable. Open competition should drive prices down. The FCC and Congress/Senate needs…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Content Rating System D

There is practically no difference between the content rating for D, (****** dialog), and L. (coarse language. I wish there was a rating for something that meant the show had a disturbing bad ending so that I would not get tricked into watching something evil.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. v-chip

I think the v-chip should work for advertisement as well as programming. Things like commercials for horror movies, *** pills, and news teasers should be rated MA. As it is a show may be fine but the commercials make it unsuitable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reform children's programming on TV

TV stations need to quit making excuses for relying on their network affiliates to bail them out as far as airing E/I programming, not even making an effort to air the programming, themselves for at least 2 hours a week and taking the pressure off their affiliated netowrks. Make mandatory that the affiliates of networks air 2 hours of E/I programming a week and allow their networks to air the remaining hour. The FCC should pull the broadcasting licenses of stations that don't comply with the new mandate to air 2 hours of E/I programming and rely too much on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cread www.unriad.com

My idea is to make a site Like www.unriad.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Require all outgoing bank email to be digitally signed.

The level of fraudulent-but-very-authentic-seeming emails from financial institutions is exceedingly high - phishing attempts. And yet banks continue to send out a large volume of product offers with no digital signatures or other reasonable verification measures. Digital signing is very easy and of negligible cost.

Even without more education on the part of the end user, or involvement on the part of the OS manufacturers, the filtering efforts by the ISP's would become quite formidable. "Hmm, this email is -not- properly signed by Chase.com, I'm thinking it's quite likely by an impostor!"

It's only been twenty years that the solution…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Start by ceasing the gross misconduct

I am absolutely furious after reading about Meredith Baker approving the Comcast/NBC merger and then accepting a lobbying job with the newly merged Comcast/NBC. This reeks of misconduct and a failure to protect us in any way.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/05/after-approving-comcastnbc-deal-fcc-commish-becomes-comcast-lobbyist.ars

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Real Social Networks will enable Ensemble Computing / Internet of Things

As Dr. Robert Atkinson reported to the FCC, “it’s clear that a new architecture is needed…the Internet of the present will not become the Internet of Future: there is no migration path.” The historical solution has always been to increase bandwidth because
    there has never been another choice. This series of incremental improvements for 30 years has only delayed the inevitable traffic routing overload, and the true problem of networking will never get solved without a fundamental shift.
    The Q. will perform better in every measurable way, allowing additional users onto the network without additional overhead. This will allow EcoNode…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please publish past USF rates

I think Vonage is charging fraudulent amounts as USF fee. (They do the same to Sales Tax).
    There is no way to know what rates they used in my past bills. Please publish the quarterly USF rates the telephone companies should have collected.
    Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FCC should Restrict Mobile Carriers from blocking/forcing VoIP carriers to use their Voice Layer

Verizon forces Skype to use their Voice Network when a Consumer of Skype uses their apps on his paid for mobile device. AT&T has now stopped offering unlimited DATA plans and will force consumers to not use the Mobile Voice Apps of the smaller competitors who build them. THe FCC should keep the Data Spectrum Fair game and limit the tactics used by ATT/Verizon to force consumers into hefty voice and data plans. The Merger will **** the unlimited offering and force consumer to buy more minutes of use from these giants, truly hurting any chance a competitor has to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can the internet be capped with a charge if the you go over the cap limit?

My ISP wants to put a cap of 250gb on my internet and will charge me $10 for every 50gb i go over is this fair because to me this sounds like greed i am already paying a lot for my internet

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Help the police catch speeders:

This is a variant on "Neighborhood Watch" groups: Social network users can instantly click on something that will alert neighbors on your street that a motorcycle is headed their way at 60 MPH - if someone can get the number plate or description and course of travel, then the police can be alerted - the alerts over the social network can continue to show up on users in the direction of travel - OK so this is "Little Brother" in action but if you have small kids (OK this is a cliche) or any one at risk, you can see…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5

CLOSED: Engagement: In what ways can social networks further FCC engagement with the public?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base