Home » Forum

CLOSED: Engagement: In what ways can social networks further FCC engagement with the public?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

1. Please Can you help my doctorate thesis About TV programme categories

Dear Sir/Madame,

I'm a postgraduate student in İstanbul Üniversity in Communication faculty.
    I prepare doctorate thesis about meaning structure of television proramming. I'm researching
    TV programme categories also how could you define and classify these genre.
    Based on this I complete my doctorate thesis. If you can help me I'm very grateful.

Thank You so much already

Mert GÜRER

mertgurer@yahoo.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The only purpose the Obama Administration is taking over the Internet is to censor and tax it.

The whole world uses the internet. Millions of people all over the world depend on the internet for their livelihood and we have already had a taste of Obamas regulations. This will also cause many countries to be very concerned about the United States having too much control and how it affects their national security. The more regulations the FCC puts on the internet the more tension there will be with other countries. The FCC thinks it has the power to control and if this continues the FCC could intentionally or unintentionally cause a worldwide crisis with regulations. This is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Net neutrality is about as accurate as 'the fairness doctrine"

There was no problem with the internet as it was, so I see no reason for more bureaucracy. The new bill is no more than a power grab to ensure that government has control over the net unlike they do on cable networks. My idea is for the American people to see a breakdown of expenses for the FCC, then let US say, we don't want this or we don't want that. Gov't always tries to fix what isn't broken. What is broken is the power we the people have to restrain what we feel we do not need, like…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You'll still get that bonus check, so leave the internet be!

Julius Genachowski, may as well hire an anti-hacking team because he will not be safe. I'm no hacker but as frequent internet user I know he will be screwed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LEAVE THE INTERNET AS IS!

All this talk about the new Net Neutrality deal. There is nothing wrong with access to the Internet. Why on Earth would all of you even consider this deal with THE BIG COMPANIES? You will crush the little guys and you know it. How is this working for the people of the USA? Tomorrow is a big day for all of us and online freedom. Keep that in mind.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep the internet free and open.. stop the fcc co-signing the monopolization of american media.

Keep the internet free and open.. stop the FCC from continually co-signing the monopolization of american media.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bleep the "3rd' commandment"

leave the not so bad words alone !!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep racist, ignorant people like Clyburn out of the FCC. How did you even get this job?

Keep racist, ignorant people like Clyburn out of the FCC. How did you even get this job?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IPTV companies should provide a software option to access channels without renting their set boxes

IPTV is uniquely positioned to provide a software solution for subscribers to access the content instead of renting a set top box. Why is it not required?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. to generate constant volume levels on programs and the associated advertisement volume levels.

I understand the constituents that go to make up speech. Therefore I know how to set controls to equalize volume levels of programs and associated advertisements.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. keep pushing for fake net neutrality and you will get more engagement

I would have never looked to your website had i not been researching into net neutrality and COICA. Also, im seeing the reboot fcc website but you need to shell out some extra cash to a web designer and revamp that nasty old fcc.org webpage

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Verizon's monthly fee for tethering smart phone.

Why do I have to pay an extra monthly fee to tether my Verizon phone to my laptop when I am paying for unlimited internet? Does it really matter how I use the unlimited internet. Thats like getting DSL service and paying an extra fee to connect each computer in the house!!! I do not think this is fair at all.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Establish basic communication standards mobile/broadbnd reviews

Pnones telegraph lines cable dsl are new evolving innovations that parralel economic stability. When these are sabotaged freedom is also. Reckless abandon of the privilege of devices runs parralel with law abiding individuals. Freedom is choice yet we still need Police don't we. However, is dial up the basic standard? It was until cable, then dsl, then phones took over this factor. Access is the key component here. Best Business Practices is key to consumer satisfaction. Fraud is no stranger to cyber accessibility. It just is. A standard is possible if we can discuss this rationally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think the FCC needs to use Social Media to engage the public

News can be retrieved in Social Media outlets when you follow them. I got this information today on Twitter. How else would I have found it? This is great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A huge change needed in tv channel selections to consumer/set # as price code picks no unwntd chnls

Comcast/Verizon will not let you select just News Channels, just Sports, no Spanish, just Spanish, you get what they want not what you want. I don't purchase clothes all sizes. I want what I want! Selective Channel Blocking not enough!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Brdband acsblty urgent w level playing speeds trckng open-trnsprnt bill trckng to cnsumr &fcc

Comcast has hx of slowing speeds w/o any notice/chg spyware w/o any notice/ no rational communciation w/consmrs/ not giving appropriate bandwidth/redlining etc

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Discontinue Spoof Cards

I feel this is an invasion of privacy and will increase bullying within the technology era. Even as an adult, bullying happens. These cards need to be discontinued.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fight against Verizon overcharge

Verizon is the evilest company I have ever dealt with. Over the years when I was Verizon customer, I had been overcharged many times. Recently I was using the Verizon triple play. At first,I Signed on the price as the advertised on TV. But when the time for installation, I was told that I did not have any other with Verizon, although I was even given a "confirmation number"!Then I had to signed with Verizon again with higher price because I need service. But When I got my first bill 2 weeks later. It was a shock! It charged me…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: Engagement: In what ways can social networks further FCC engagement with the public?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base