Home » Forum

CLOSED: FCC.gov/data - How can we improve the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau’s contribution to FCC.gov/data?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

My idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Launch sites similar to the 700 MHz wireless mic site for Signal Boosters & Part 90 Narrowbanding

such sites could be very useful for educating consumers about the proper use of signal boosters as well as private two way radio licensees about the FCC's 2013 Part 90 VHF/UHF narrowbanding mandate

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Reband VHF

Even in rural West Texas, it is difficult to find unused VHF channels for Public Safety. Regional VHF trunking systems are difficult to build out, even after factoring in a few Part 22s. With the advent of cellular and LTR,little activity is heard on IG, CD, IP, IB, IM, IS etc, VHF channels. Washington: it's not all about 700 mHz.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • As a former employee of two wireless carriers and a wireless handset supplier/chip maker who help us

As a former employee of two wireless carriers and a wireless handset supplier/chip maker who help usher in digital voice & data to the industry - I have firsthand knowledge of what cell phones and data devices can and can't do.

Land line termination fees were historically the largest cost to carriers. As more and more data-centric plans evolve- one would assume that consumer cost would come down. In contrast - consumers are paying more for service, handsets, termination fees and are now being required to purchase specific plans to utilize specific phones.

As handheld data devices such as the…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Use master call letters/callsigns...as a licensee adds services, they go under master callsign...

ULS is choked with the same users (I am one) with multiple callsigns. Let's use a master callsign. As a user becomes licensed in new services, those are added to the master callsign.

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Consolidate radio services...

Aviation and maritime services should be consolidated; common carriers within Parts 22, 90, 95, and 101 should be consolidated into a single common carrier service; private land mobile radio services should be consolidated. By putting the eggs in fewer baskets, data can be made easier to understand, efficiency can be improved, and new entrants have an easier time getting started.

0 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: FCC.gov/data - How can we improve the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau’s contribution to FCC.gov/data?

Feedback and Knowledge Base