Home » Forum

CLOSED: FCC.gov/data - How can we improve the Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau’s contribution to FCC.gov/data?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

My idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sponsor a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Electromagnetic Pulse Attacks and Networks

The Bureau should sponsor the development of an FCC Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on protecting communications networks and equipment from electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attacks and solar storm events. These attacks and events can disable our communications infrastructure. Donald Schellhardt and I petitioned for this in dockets RM-5528 and RM-10330. The Commission needs to address these very serious threats to America's infrastructure. For a clear view of this, read the new New York Times best selling novel: One Second After, which is now available in paperback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • increase bandwidth to amateurs

allow more use of the air from the people who help for free

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Creat an Emergency Radio Service comprised of licensees/permittees across all radio services...

REASONS AND BASES FOR NEW EMERGENCY RADIO SERVICE

1. In Public Notice DA 09-2259, the Commission made the following statement: "While the value of the amateur service to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communications service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications, is one of the underlying principles of the amateur service, the amateur service is not an emergency radio service [emphasis added]."
        2. No Emergency Radio Service exists in the Commission's Rules and Regulations.
        3. In its final report, entitled, “The 9/11 Commission Report,” the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks on the United States (2004, 283) found that:

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: FCC.gov/data - How can we improve the Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau’s contribution to FCC.gov/data?

Feedback and Knowledge Base