Home » Forum

CLOSED: Engagement: What technologies and practices could make the FCC's online operations more accessible for communities and individuals with disabilities?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Help

I was injured at work in 2001
    I ended up fired then told I was not retrainable because of the medication I take. So here I am a 40 year old woman whos life is going nowhere fast and all I want is a chance to prove everyone wrong. So if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
    Thanks for your time. Donmoniquejones@yahoo.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Favor open formats that represent a technological least common denominator, and degrade gracefully.

With consideration of the wide variety of assistive technologies in use, and the wide ranges of disabilities, any solution that aims to target a specific segment of users is short sighted. Rather than attempt to address every assistive technology, and every disability, a general approach consisting of open formats, graceful degradability, and alternative formats (including "least common denominator" formats such as plain text), alongside common sense approaches to accessible design are best.

Open formats are the first layer of accessbility. By making sure that a wide variety of applications can be used to access information, you increase the chances that…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Go to SMART Meter hearings and see the people you are disabling with your wireless technology-it is criminally wrong

With so many people testifying personally about the effects of their smart meters on their health and so many studies to back them up, how can the FCC keep pretending that their are no non-thermal effects and maintain standards which give no protection at all. It is wrong.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: Engagement: What technologies and practices could make the FCC's online operations more accessible for communities and individuals with disabilities?

Feedback and Knowledge Base