Home » Forum

CLOSED: Engagement: How can the FCC better facilitate the public's understanding of and participation in Commission proceedings?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Competition Restrictions in area

AT&T and Comcast Rule in North Fl area.
    These two companies will not allow any other Competition in area for Phone, Internet or TV services. I have contacted many other service providers and have been informed they were blocked out of our area. These two companies have higher costs and provide poor service as they know there is no where else to go. Please open the area up to more competition.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Recognize that comments, replies, and then endless ex partes is a poor way to deal with complex issu

In all rulemakings now, FCC goes through public comments, then reply comments, and then gets in involved in an endless stream of ex parte presentations and some written ex parte filings.

For many complex technical issues, 2 rounds of comments are not enough for convergence of views. Consider the technical side (FDD vs. TDD) of the AWS-3 controversy for example.

Multiple thread in a bulletin board or blog format might be a better way to have an open dialogue with either convergence or narrowing of differences. Moderation by the FCC staff to make sure key issues are addressed would be…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Start with REBOOT.FCC.GOV and better explain what can and can't be done.

I've been reading these ideas here at Reboot.fcc.gov and I suspect you've already observed what I'm about to suggest. Many of the people here believe their ideas to require Commissioners be engineers, or that certain radio services be modified (in spite of treaty obligations to the contrary), or that changing certain procedural requirements can be done. Therefore, it may be necessary to clarify that the FCC cannot change something which a statute or international obligation binds FCC to do (or refrain from doing). This will help people make suggestions that are within FCC's purvue to change and weed out some…

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: Engagement: How can the FCC better facilitate the public's understanding of and participation in Commission proceedings?

Feedback and Knowledge Base