Home » Forum

CLOSED: FCC.gov/Parents - What do you do to prevent your kids from watching inappropriate television shows?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

1. Protect the safety of the public in ALL pervasive, distant wire and radio communications.

This suggestion already was passed by Congress and is almost verbatim from the Communications Act of 1934.
    Looks like someone else needs to sue the FCC for malfeasance besides me in Neeley Jr v FCC et al, (5:12-cv-5208).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the violent images on TV

Please restrict the violent images shown on TV. I read one study done this year on 40 TV series about dead bodies shown "that the 40 television shows averaged 132 dead bodies in a single week." Every time I turn on the TV there is some new gruesome image to "draw in" viewers. I quickly turn the TV off and hope our children do not have to see this, but it is very disturbing. I think our culture is "eating" too much violence in our hearts and minds, and we are seeing the consequences of that in tragedies playing out…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remote in hand! Dont take away MY right to watch tv that is clean and moral! If you want garbage you pay for it!

My rights for good wholesome shows with proper values are being taken away! Why should I have to go out of my way to block something! If you choose to view such content that's degrading and harmful to family values then YOU go out of your way! After all, when someone wants something extra you have to pay for it! Don't believe me? How much is a CHEESEburger in comparison to a HAMburger???

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make channel selection ala carte and everyone's problems are solved.

You can never please everyone. And it seems that most of the people complaining here have issues concerning their religious beliefs. Some of us don't mind the ***, violence, and language.
    So how can we make this work?
    Instead of being forced to purchase bundles "50 channels, 100, etc) make it ala carte. Each channel costs a certain amount based on its popularity and subscribers purchase only the channels they want.
    For instance if you have young kids you can choose nickelodian and disney but pass on mtv.
    You could have a small monthly bill if you only want certain…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make TV channels followed more strict rules with TV MA.

I am appalled at some of the stuff that is allowed on TV before an adult hour. I have seen the show South Park on Comedy Central at 5pm, the program A 1000 Ways to Die on Spike in the morning. Both of these programs have had MA ratings on them and shouldn't be on at an hour where kids can see them and time zones should be taken into consideration, where it will still come on at a late hour regardless of the fact that its on the west coat. So I say make all local channels their affiliates,…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. All y'all Paula Dean crazy*** WASPY control freak housewives are insane.

For God's sake try and refrain from controlling every aspect of your childrens' lives like the helicopter moms you are. It really sucks as a child growing up in your household and we end up being scarred for life because we have mothers who cannot come to terms with a middle finger, f-bomb being dropped, or cleavage shown. This is reality, please return to it, and accept the fact the world is not some cookie cutter teletubbie fantasy land, thank GOD (used in VAIN!!!)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off the TV.

Create Rules. It's easy. The household is NOT a democracy. It doesn't matter that there is trash on TV. It doesn't matter that the media markets "bad" foods to kids. Guess what!? YOU are the parent, YOU hold the money, correct!? Why blame other people for the way you are raising your kids? Seriously, people. It's not like my 9-year old daughter is going out buying Snickers for herself, or ice-cream bars, or even Lucky Charms. If she were fat, it'd be MY fault as THE PARENT, not Lucky the Leprachaun's fault.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please Take Carl's Jr/Kate Upton's ***** Commercial Off The Air!! It's Disgusting!!

This is absolutely the most disgusting commercial Carl's Jr has came up with so far. The women looks like she's actually getting sexually aroused from eating a hamburger for God sake! Not to mention she even looks as if she's fingering herself. The FCC need's to ban this filthy commercial right off the air. Their are innocent children that are being subjected to that appalling, demoralizing ****.

For anyone interested, there is a petition I found that you can sign...Please share with your friends and family.

http://www.change.org/petitions/carl-karcher-enterprises-inc-i-want-their-latest-commercial-to-stop-airing-on-*********-television

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prevent compainies from selling products using sexually explicit adult oriented commercials during the hours when young children are watchin

Stop allowing companies from using *** to sell products during prime tiem and hours when young children are watching i.e. dinner hours. I was appaulled when a commercial came on for Hardee's (which looked like a ******* commercial) and my 3-year old grandson got an eyeful before I could get him distracted. Using *** to sell food.

Also in the last severa months I've also seen ads for personal appliances (vibrators) and birth control adds using simulated *** acts to get sales. DISGRACEFUL!

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I will not longer let my kids watch the Super Bowl, for fear of having them flipped off by people in the halftime show.

AS far as that goes, the NFL can not even get singer that even know the words to the National athem. Now they have hired someone to flipp us off. Thanks NFL and NBC. I guess my question really is how would you feel if while shopping at the mall or having lunch in a restaurant and I walked up to you and your family and just flipped you off. That is what happend during the Super Bowl!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I use the V-CHIP.

I use the V-CHIP, but I'd like to see more specific, adjustable controls that could be modified by individual TV sets. The digital technologies available should enable us to give consumers a choice. If I could set my television to mute every time that somebody spoke an explitive, I would be satisfied. Censor-relative data could be streamed in a similar manner to caption services, and could be set according to individual preferences on individual sets. It would give a certain level of freedom to both consumers and producers, inasmuch as the proper censoring information was streamed alongside the program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Marketing acoholic beverages through the use of children's shows on children's networks is inappropriate.

At 6:45am, on Nickelodeon, between "Sponge Bob Squarepants" episodes, my 7 and 6 year old kids were exposed to commercials through Time Warner Cable for a local liquor store. When I contacted TWC about the issue, it responded that TWC has no opinion about whether it is appropriate to market alcohol to elementary school children. Marketing of adult beverages to children through the use Sponge Bob Squarepants and other cartoon characters is appropriate and manipulative programming.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WHY WHY WHY ?!

WHY WHY WHY Does my 5 Year Old Daughter have to be exposed to men kicking and punching each other in the face during NFL Sunday commercials for extreme fighting? This is CRAZY. I don't care what shows people make/watch, but WHY is my family forced to SEE IT in ads during family hours?? Who's with me?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Take a stand! Stop subscribing to TV until they clean up their act. Like me.

I quit subscribing to TV as I don't believe in most of what is being shown on the idiot box anyway. I shouldn't have to block all the perversion in my own home. Plus you can't anyway as the commercials are even disgusting so you could be watching a decent show but then a commercial will come on that is appalling and immoral. When TV becomes suitable to watch again we will start watching it otherwise I will spend my money on other forms of entertainment. If a lot of us this did this that would wake some people up.…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need a new rating

Some shows have evil endings and you can get suckered into watching them. I think we need a rating to warn us to be prepared for disappointment and the ending is very disturbing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Media is destroying our youth

i have a question for whomever can actually make a difference and change something. i am a 19 year old brother, i have 2 awesome sisters that i love very much. my younger sister (13) came to me the other day crying, i asked her what was wrong, she told me she just had *** for the first time the past weekend and didnt like it, she told me she did it b/c everyone else is b/c its the only way to be popular "dont you listen to katy perry" thats what i was asked. so my question for whomever…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the ability to block certain programs from any/all stations

I like the choice of blocking certain ratings that are appropriate but where's the choice to block certain programs like Family Guy and South Park. The show up like cartoons on various channels and I don't want to block the channel(s) as it blocks ALL programs and that's not necessary. Just certain ones. Also, I feel commercials like Victoria Secret should only be shown after 9:00 pm or later as they're intended for who.. Adults and way too revealing for young impressionable boys.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

CLOSED: FCC.gov/Parents - What do you do to prevent your kids from watching inappropriate television shows?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base